View Single Post

Old 10-25-2014, 11:33 AM

Liked 2,653 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
It's not bullying. Think about it, how can a company check ALL ammo for proper function? There won't be any to sell. Same as a food company tasting all their cookies. Some things are a one time use product, you can check lots but not each individual product.

And quite frankly it's absurd to think and expect perfection from everything ever made or would be made. Impossible! Let's be a little realistic!

I carry Speer Gold Dots. So far all those I've tried worked great but I don't know how good those the ones in my mag are. Could be total garbage, could have bad primers. I could have bought the one lot that QC missed. It's 50/50 until I actually shoot it, at which point I'd have to buy more and they can possibly be bad.
By doing a simple random test of every batch of primers. Do you think I am saying to shoot every round of ammo? Do you think I am that stupid?

I have been shooting weekly for 20 years. I have built at least a dozen ARs, 2 22lr match pistols from the ground up, I do my own trigger jobs, I have owned 100s of firearms. I have taken apart every single one of them. I am far from a novice and know my way around the firearms world as well as anyone.

If you are going to sell the most expensive ammo out there and make astounding claims about it, you should back it up with the absolute highest level of quality control so things like bad primers and loading wrong bullets doesn't happen. I buy 4 boxes of their ammo and have both of these issues. That's a problem, and it shouldn't happen with their prices and claims.