View Single Post

Old 11-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Liked 1,731 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_airwolf View Post
Thanks guys, yes I know it varies state to state. Just like magazine capasity.
Im not looking to buy one, just want to try for mayself. The vids seem too good the be true. If anyone has seen the mythbusters episode using suppressors. The movies over exagerate the noise.
My guess is this is one of the reasons why they are prohibited here. Too many gun anyis think that just by adding a suppressor it makes the gun almost silent.
Thanks James bond movies!!!!!!!!!!
Sure can't go by what you see on TV or the movies. A suppressor can only suppress so much noise. The louder the bang from ammo... the louder the suppressed gun will sound. Since 22lr does not have a lot of bang, say compared to a .45, that makes it a good candidate for quiet shooting. Likewise, when shooting 22lr, HV Mini-Mag will be noticeably louder than Standard Velocity. The HV has more bang and even that relatively small amount of extra powder makes a real difference.

From all I've read, if you want to shoot quiet, 2 good options are what we do here (22lr) and 300 Blackout shooting subsonic. I shoot 22 suppressed so know from experience how quiet it is. When my stamp comes in on the Blackout, then I can state from experience how it sounds.