View Single Post

Old 11-17-2014, 09:11 PM

Liked 53 Times in 27 Posts

I've owned an M&P 15 MOE Mid since January, and I love it.

For me, the technical differentiator is the mid-length gas system on the MOE Mid. I know there can be some debate about the benefit a mid-length over a carbine length gas system with a 16" barrel, but the mid-length gas system certainly is not an inferior gas system on this length barrel. If nothing else, having the gas block 2" further forward on the mid-length system accommodates a longer hand guard that can be good for some shooters. It certainly is for me.

Yes, the MOE Mid comes with a 4150 steel barrel as opposed to 4140 on the 15T. 4150 is the current Mil-standard for the M-4/16, and has slightly higher carbon (+0.10%) content compared to 4140. This results in about +1% Rockwell hardness that you'll never notice.

The rest of the difference are just personal preference. Do you like the Magpul furniture, or the Tactical furniture with the quad rail?

The MOE handguard is very comfortable. At least, it is for me. On the other hand, if you plan to add a lot of bling to hand guard, then a quad rail my work better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk