View Single Post

Old 11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 413 Times in 165 Posts
Default My Favorite!

I have an accumulation of Smith and Wesson revolvers which covers most all versions of their production over the years. And, I have a habit of keeping one on the table next to my lounge chair where I sit to watch television, mostly Gunsmoke and Cheyenne, plus various other western shows. Since I grew up in the 40's I think of them as "cowboy" shows! I cut my teeth on Gene and Roy at the local movie house which charged us kids 11 cents to watch the Saturday morning movies! Fond memories in my old age! One of my two favorites is a Mod.15 but the one that spends the most time on that table is a 5" HD from 1952! It's in very good shape, but not a collectable gun because the cylinder has been replaced. Also, I have replaced the original stocks with a pair of targets because they just fit my hand better. With this gun so handy, I do a lot of dry firing at a clock face about 15 feet across the room. Aiming a gun at a $1,100 TV makes me nervous! I also shoot this gun quite a bit on the range out back. It's very accurate, considering the sights. It shoots about an inch to the right with my favorite handload, but I'm used to that and hold off that much. It's a good shooter and great fun! It's hard to beat an HD!
Dick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-291S.JPG (42.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-290S.JPG (48.7 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Reddog; 11-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: