View Single Post

Old 11-24-2014, 12:35 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 39 Times in 21 Posts

Yes and no. I'd pined for a Randall since I was a teenager. When I got to Ft Bragg in 1983 I found the old Cumberland Knife and Gun shop, one of the few stocking Randall dealers back then. I'd tossed and turned many a night deciding between a Model 1 and a Model 14. I ended up with a Model 14, stainless, sawback. I kept it in my wall locker, "in case anything ever came up where I'd need it". That Fall Grenada "came up" I strapped it on my pistol belt and didn't take it off for the rest of my enlistment. Jumped it plenty of times but I generally looped 550 cord over the top of the handle before a jump. Carrying a Randall said something back then. After I got out, I sent it back to have it cleaned up and a new sheath. I retired it in favor of a true hand forged Bowie from John Smith that I carried on me most of the time in Korea and later a Bowie from Jerry Fisk that I carried on and off. I carried another Fisk Bowie in Afghanistan a couple of years ago, but it was in my daypack most of the time.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: