View Single Post

Old 11-29-2014, 03:06 PM

Liked 58 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzman View Post
I have a Rossi 720 "covert" model stainless, five shot, three inch full lugged barrel that has a factory bobbed hammer and is DAO with fixed sights. It is the only Rossi I have ever had and was made in the early 1990's...It's about the size of a K frame but the grip frame is around the same as a J frame square butt. The action is very smooth and accuracy it excellent with my moderate handloads using 240gr LSWC at around 750fps...The 720 is considered by many to have been the best revolver Rossi has made...I didn't like the large, soft rubber factory stocks. I discovered that Hip Grips for Rossi 88 revolvers combined with a J frame T-grip makes it into a super concealed carry revolver. I carry it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense .44Spl ammo for serious social encounters.

I NEVER trust anyone else's handloads. I have been present when a bad handload blew up another guy's revolver. That was early in my LEO career. That impressed me. I am very careful and focused when loading and constantly inspect the powder weights and levels in the cases...And even with that, I don't use my loads for carry.
Do you have pictures of that grip setup? I bought a pair of grips from some guy in the Phillipines that work, but I'd like to see yours.

Thanks,
Brian