View Single Post

Old 11-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Banned

Liked 484 Times in 189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidemuzik View Post
legal, nice find there. The color match is really good. The wood grains are very complimentary. I've seen many pair that just don't match well. Big differences in color or very different grain patterns. I'm not sure I've ever seen a truly matched set from the factory. Makes me think maybe they make a run of one side, then the other, and pull somewhat randomly from each bin.

Care to share what they sold for?

BTW, if you look at the plastic grips on the 13 and 14's it looks like they took the regular grips and just removed material from the bottom to match the smaller grip frame. It would be helpful if you would try to put those on the 13 or 14 and report if the spacing between the screw holes also match the holes for the shorter pistols. If so, you could always just cut off the bottom of the factory wood grips to match the frame and refinish.
I paid a total of $62.00. I have been watching and bidding on similar grips for a month and a half. I have seen other pairs sell for $63.00, $93.40 and $88.40. I did very good, all things considered. There is one day and 11 hours left on a pair on ebay right now.

Someone has already cut down wood grips of S&W Model 422 and put them on their S&W Model 2214.

S&W 2213 - 2214 wood grips - AR15.COM

Last edited by legelegel; 11-30-2014 at 12:46 AM.