View Single Post

Old 12-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Liked 1,063 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobzGuns View Post
Just about every new mag I've bought (Glock, XD, Beretta, Kel-Tec, and more) have been tight. I'm not sure which brand's mags (when new) AREN'T tight. I bought an UpLula about 6 years ago, just to make loading mags quicker and haven't regretted it

All my mags stay loaded to the max, but Simply loading them and leaving them loaded for Months won't completely break in the springs. You do need to exercise them, but it doesn't absolutely mean by shooting... It's just more fun that way.

I broke mine in using an eraser head pencil... repeatedly pushing the follower all the way down with the eraser end of the pencil, like churning butter, while watching TV.
While that made loading rounds 1 though 6 easier, after more than 2.5Yrs of shooting my Shield Bi-Weekly, it's STILL tough to load that 7th round by hand.
I own Kel-tecs, xd's, Sigs, and a few rifles that use magazines, and I do not recall any of them being so stiff from beginning to end. Hopefully as you all have eluded to, one day they'll break in.