View Single Post

Old 12-03-2014, 03:49 PM

Liked 2,653 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraIII View Post
I suggested call S&W because they may have a nightguard cylinder and yoke in stock. If you get a 686 cylinder the finishing may add time to the project, and the nightguard cylinder would match closely. Also don't forget the insurance may be enough to pay for the needed parts at S&W. S&W did not have an answer for me over the phone, they suggested the nightguard cylinder after they inspected my pistol, and did not have a similar replacement to offer me. When I called they told me they would not sell me a nightguard cylinder, but would sell me a 686 cylinder to fit myself.
As I explained above I spoke to S&W this AM. They do not now, nor have they now had a NG cylinder in stock for a very very long time. They will never have them again. As I said above as well, they also gave me a few places to call. None of them have a NG cylinder either and said it is unlikely they ever will.

The NG cylinder is actually a 686 Plus cylinder that has been blackened. So that is the route I would have to go. S&W quoted me a 4 to 6 month turn around to do this. That is the current wait time for non-warranty work of this nature. And will cost around $400 for the parts, finishing and labor to fit it.

So really sucks for me. Had FedEx simply done thier job the cylinder would have been done today and I would have it back Friday or even tomorrow and would have been done with the project. I even have a set of Ahrends grips waiting to go on it. $%$$ #$%% &%$#$#$

Last edited by HarrishMasher; 12-03-2014 at 03:55 PM.