View Single Post

Old 12-08-2014, 02:05 AM
US Veteran

Liked 4,882 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkarrob View Post
Another follow up with the answer directly from Apex. This was brought up by Bkreutz in post #9, about the over-travel stop. I had said the triggers were the same except the new trigger has a flat face. Bkreutz said not true as the new trigger has the exposed OT stop. Apex replied:

"We designed the flat trigger to have a sleek and distinctive look, so when designing the overall look, we moved the OT stop down a bit. This did 2 things, produced the distinct look we were going for and it moved the OT stop down lower on the frame to a different location on the frame. The OT stop on the curved FS trigger is at the top at the back. This new location on the flat trigger is neither better or worse in my opinion."

This says the new flat FS trigger OT stop is more visible, but does not work any better than the higher and less exposed OT stop on the curved FS trigger.

Since Bkreutz has now installed the new flat trigger in an existing FSS modified pistol, he should be able to advise if he found any difference in the amount of trigger travel after the break point (over-travel).

Bob
Since you posted this question and sent me a PM requesting that I answer this post less than 10 minutes after you posted it. I'm presuming you got offended by my contradicting your statement. I won't get into that kind of a discussion. I like the newer trigger, I have over 40K rounds with the old curved trigger and feel that the new one is better.
I'll leave it at that. I was trying to give first hand information, not getting into an internet contest. And don't send me any more PM's, they won't get through anymore. (ignore list)

Last edited by Bkreutz; 12-08-2014 at 02:07 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: