View Single Post

Old 12-17-2014, 08:28 PM

Liked 462 Times in 225 Posts
Default Taurus Brand Guns

Right now I own two Taurus guns. The first is a SS 44 Mag with a 6 inch bbl. Great gun, that I took in trade. Shot several wild boar with it. The second Taurus I have is a model 62 rifle in 22 cal. It too works fine. I have the same gun in the model 62 Winchester, but its becoming to valuable to shoot. I had the model 63 Taurus and sent it back to them for repair. They could not repair same, and send me a credit for another gun from their product line. They didn't have good luck with their rifle line.
In addition to being on the PD, I owned a small gun shop for 25 years. I stopped selling the Taurus Line because so many of them had to go back to the factory, to repair defects. When you returned them, they went to the back of the list and it could take 6 weeks for the customer to get them back. As a dealer you had to package it up, write a letter, mail it out and pay the shipping and for the insurance, all the time the customer was complaining to you because you initially sold it to him. I finally stopped selling them. That being said a few years ago, a new person took control of the company and he appears to have turned things around. I have not purchased any of their guns since the change in ownership, and I closed my shop and retired. Also retired after 38 years in LE.