View Single Post

Old 12-28-2014, 09:38 PM

Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Walker View Post
I heard a lot of complaining about the original LC9 trigger pull. IMO, the Shield trigger is worse with 7# pull and long over travel(after the sear breaks). LC9 trigger is long but easy to master with some practice, producing very good results for a defensive carry weapon. The LC9 is easier to manipulate and doesn't have gorilla recoil or magazine springs. Smith and Wesson gets a D- on their thumb safety. I have learned from someone here that the secret is to push hard into the slide with your thumb to make the safety work better. Both are excellent little guns in an effective caliber.
I believe the complaints were on the LC9 that's not striker fired . The striker fired LC9"s" the s stands for striker fired and it's got a very nice trigger . The reset is a little long but doesn't take much to make it go bang . Just picked one up a few weeks ago and haven't made it to the range yet but I'll tell you what dry firing it puts a smile on my face and seems to impress those that have shot it . I love my shield though also and both will be in my EDC rotation Im sure .

Last edited by TheFactor; 12-28-2014 at 09:39 PM.