View Single Post

Old 01-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Liked 387 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAOV1MAN View Post
I have often wondered about the 5" barrels. 1" closer to the target? I do own a couple of Classic PC N frames, .44, 45, & .44 Magnum, and a 27-2 nickle, all in 6 or 6.5". I can see the 6 inches for the sight radius, but 5"?
BTW I own one of the swivel flap holsters for the 2" revolvers, holster was made for DPD, I find that a 3" K frame w/fixed sights fits this holster perfectly, M10s, 64, 65 etc..
Personally I find myself thinking that the short but bulky swivel flap holsters for the 2" look silly-at least they must have worn in uniform. Then I found that I can wear it while hunting and it drops just below my jacket hemline with the belt and extra ammo under the coat, and it drops low enough so it does not interfere with my rifle/shotgun, they must have that in mind???????
LTs and above were authorized the 2 inch guns for uniform carry and the short flap holster was designed to ride below the issue IKE jacket of the time. Regarding the 5 inch guns, I recall the near magical shooting that some of the firearms instructors could accomplish with the weapon while instructing in the indoor ranges located in the basements of the precinct stations. Sadly, I have heard that inadequate ventilation resulted in several of those men becoming ill from lead poisoning