View Single Post

Old 01-05-2015, 01:32 AM
US Veteran

Liked 13,312 Times in 4,603 Posts

How does a 3 year old thread come back? I always wonder about that.

I have two comments about the .25 ACP.

First, I carried a Beretta 950 BS in .25 ACP daily for more than a decade. The advent of the CHL law made me less concerned about anyone spotting a gun so I switched to a 642 sometime in the late 90s. Yes, yes, before that I carried a concealed handgun without legal permission - millions of us did that. At no time was a I concerned that
Quote:
OMG! It's just a .25!
It was a gun if a gun was needed. That's all that concerned me.

Second, I love to use the phrase that I picked up some time ago and have seen others on this Forum use.
Quote:
Okay, it's just a .25 - anyone want to volunteer to be shot with it?
Didn't think so.

Same with .22s.

Sure, there are failure stories, like the pillow absorbing the impact, the head wound that didn't accomplish much - but the fact remains, it's a bullet moving at speed. NOBODY likes to get hit with a bullet - if it's the target's lucky day and it doesn't cause death or severe bodily injury, well, call him lucky - but it's a gun, firing a bullet, and I'm NOT interested in being on the receiving end.

To this day that Beretta is in the pocket of one of my bathrobes and a .22 Magnum derringer is in the pocket of the other one. First line of defense - have a gun!

***GRJ***
The Following 3 Users Like Post: