View Single Post

Old 01-06-2015, 09:33 AM

Liked 424 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
...Point Of Aim...in a gunfight. Go look at the real gun fights over on YouTube and LiveLeak and let me know when you find one where someone actually even looks like they are using the sights. Get REAL good at point shooting out to 10 yards and your hit probability in a gunfight will go up 200%.

Most people have never chronoed their defensive load to see what it is actually doing from their gun. Rounds that are supposed to be doing in the 900s often barely make 700 from a snubbie. I had friend one friend who shot a guy at about 10' that was trying to shoot him with the 158 +P HPSWC from a Model 60 and the round stuck in the guys neck. Another shot a guy point blank in the face with a 4" and it bounced off his cheekbone... If you read the FBI Shootout report you will find the same thing. One of Mirales' last shots was at about 8' into Matix's head hit just below the left eye and stopped right there...

I have three .38 snubbies that I have also been looking for a reliable factory round for carry. One is an older Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard that is an ex-Michigan SP backup gun with stainless cylinder. Loads have to be kept light in this one. The second is a 60-1 with adjustable sights and the last a 649-1 that has been modified to shoot not only the original .38 Special but also .38 Super and 9mm.

When I was a LEO I also had a ammo manufacturing license. One of the rounds I produced was a snubbie round using an original Hydra-Shok Scorpion WC bullet at 900 fps from a snubbie. It had both violent expansion and because the cone broke off the pointed bullet also penetrated deeply.

This bullet was made by Albert's Bullet Company but unfortunately when Federal bought HS they didn't keep this round in their line...too bad as it's the best snubbie round I ever used...

Bob
When you were loading these bullets can you share your load data?
I have 130 of these Alberts HS bullets left.