View Single Post

Old 01-12-2015, 10:50 AM

Liked 8,496 Times in 2,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTON RICK View Post
... I have done some reading and lightly used the Browning Citori and Ruger Red Label. I would like to take lessons in skeet and sporting clays, but still be able to use this shotgun for hunting. I also want the ability to use chokes/tubes to change from 12 to 20 gage, in case I want a softer recoil in my golden years. I freely admit that I have no experience with chokes and barely know what they are or how they operate except from books. I also believe that at least a 28" barrel is preferable, but do not know if that is my unfounded bias. I am looking to have one DO IT ALL over under shotgun. Other than fit and feel, which features and which over under shotguns have you enjoyed in a DO IT ALL role. Thanks again for your wisdom, Rick
Both Browning and Ruger are good shotguns. What I would like you to look at as well is Fausti. Those are beautiful Italian made shotguns.

The Caledon for instance is on my bucket list.

Item# 15102, 12ga, 3" chamber, 28" barrel, A+ Turkish walnut with oiled finish, weighs approx. 7.25lbs and comes with 5 chokes.
And this all for $1,899 + $35 shipping.

Fausti USA - Products Caledon

You can buy choke tubes for use of sub gauge calibers, but they are expensive.
Briley Manufacturing, shotgun choke manufacturer and gunsmithing - Fitted Tube Sets

I'd rather invest that money in ammunition.

Last edited by JJEH; 01-12-2015 at 10:51 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: