View Single Post

Old 01-13-2015, 08:30 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,911 Times in 236 Posts
Default K22 Second Model added to collection

Hello all,
I recently won this shooter grade K22/40 Second model and wanted to show her off After I won the auction I found out from David (DCWilson) that this gun once belonged to another forum member Mitch (Coyotehunter) who lives in my same state. Apparently this gun can't seem to stay out of Kentucky! So this is not the first time this gun has been showed off on our forum.
After getting it home & cleaning it up, I put this nice set of pre war magnas that I already had on it that have no serial # marked on inside. They really make her feel good in my hand. I'm looking forward to taking this one out & shooting her. Ive gotten used to shooting my K22 Outdoorsman's, and it definitely feels strange cocking the short action on this one.
I feel blessed to add this rare gun to my humble collection. It's amazing to think that only 1067 of these were made, and I now own one!
According to Mr Jinks the gun shipped July 1940. Were all the second models actually made in 1940, or were some made in 41?
I want to say a special thanks to David (DCWilson), Mitch (Coyotehunter) & Richard (RKmesa) for all the advice & info you guys gave me on this gun!

The last picture shows her with my single screw & two screw rear sight. I still need the single screw gold Call sight to add to my pre war K22s.

Paul
SWCA 2864
SWCA #2864
The Following 37 Users Like Post: