View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,133 Times in 4,803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AZ View Post
...But the 5 oz heavier weight and size on the Shield vs. PM9 is not insignificant to me.
Size, shape, weight, capacity, external safeties, sights, perceived accuracy, etc., etc., are all being pushed about as hard as they can be in the design and manufacture of mass-produced min-/micro-9s. I did not realize there was that much difference in weight between the Shield and the PM9, but it does not surprise given how much more pleasant the Shield is to fire than the Kahr. I like the Kahr and trust it to do its job, but it is not much fun to shoot more than a 20-25 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AZ View Post
...For me, it has been a journey that is continuing. No one manufacturer has a monopoly on all the answers. There are pluses and minuses for all.
It's always been that way. I used to keep a chart of the size, weight, and capacity of the various CC guns I either owned or had the opportunity to tinker with. I'm sure I could have gotten along just fine with any one of those guns, but there was always a temptation to find something better or more efficient. Interestingly in the 45-years I have been nosing around into such things, two old designs still stand solidly in contention - at least in my mind: the airweight chief, at around 15-17 ounces, and the lightweight Commander at around 25-33 ounces (unloaded/loaded). I suppose if you are a fan of carrying 15+ rounds in the gun, more recent weapons will give you a different impression.
The Following User Likes This Post: