View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 02:26 PM

Liked 103 Times in 29 Posts
Default I own a CM40 and a 40 Shield

I log onto various internet gun forums because I want to learn about specific handguns from those who had practical everyday experience.

I have benefitted by being drawn into a comradery with people who share my interest in firearms. I enjoy reading passionate comments based upon fact and actual experience. I consider those writers as Class individuals. I appreciate that they take time to educate me about the many aspects of gun ownership by responding to my postings of questions or my general comments. I am indebted to these people. They have taught me a great deal.

I have also observed a minority of individual who respond to challenges to their ideas with contempt. They do not engage in lively discussion because they are intellectually inept. if their ideas are challenged, they resort to flaming. This is especially true of the “fan boys” who zealously refute any comment they deem an aspersion against their chosen firearm. They are mentally juvenile. They fail to comprehend that gracious debate is the cornerstone of knowledge. Resorting to childish petulance prohibits them from learning matters important from others who by their experience may know more than they do.

The lively debate pitting the attributes and failures of specific classes of pistol made by Kahr and S&W can be illuminating, interesting and informative.

I own a Kahr CM4043 and a M&P 40 Shield. I have carried each of them as a daily CCW pistol. Both are well made and in my opinion do the jobs for which they were designed.

One might be a better gun than the other for certain specific reasons. Nevertheless, either will stop an attacker at close quarters when in the hands of a trained gun handler.

Of the two, I prefer the 40 Shield because it fits my hand better, has a greater capacity and has less recoil allowing me to realign on target a fraction faster. The only factor that places the Kahr in a superior position is that it fits better in my pocket than the Shield. But since, either can reside hidden in a paddle holster on my hip, I do not consider this to be of significance.

Since both have been completely reliable during my ownership, I would have no hesitation recommending either for concealed carry purposes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kahr CM4043.jpg (27.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg M&P40 Shield.jpg (189.1 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by carbuff; 01-16-2015 at 02:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: