View Single Post

Old 01-16-2015, 06:46 PM

Liked 22,780 Times in 5,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousSEG View Post
Enter the 327 Night Guard. Nice size, nice heft (topping the 327PC by 10 oz or so) and a certain sinister appearance make it a contender.
Who told you there were 10 ounces apart? According to the factory specification they are roughly 4 ounces apart.

I have owned both since they came out. I have carried both on various occasions. The 2" Performance Center, fixed sight, 327 will pocket carry for me in the 5.11 Covert Khakis, the 327NG is not as comfortable in that role.

If I am belt carrying, the 327NG is the choice for the little extra weight and longer barrel and better sight picture.

It is true that the PC327 leaves the factory setup for moonclips and the NG does not. You can fix that anytime you want with a little cylinder work or a swap.

As to recoil, I could care less. I am so used to handguns that truly recoil, 357 Magnums are moderate. Also these are not target or plinking guns. These are your "I need to save my butt" guns. Under those circumstances, there is no recoil that would bother me for 5 or 6 little shots.

BTW, I am a fan of both of these configurations no matter what the caliber

That is not to say I will rule out the all steel 2 5/8" N-frames

As I tend to comment so often, you have never completed filling out your profile so we do not know where you are located. If you are in the South Florida area, I will gladly meet you at the range with one or more of these to try before you buy.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: