View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 04:16 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

TexasDog: I guess I do not understand why you put a " match grade slide lock" in?? was yours broken? Performance?? As for S&W 40 brass being weaker?? Than what?? Stainless Steel? I only ask since 9mm and 40 have the same saami specs, and the 357 sig has higher pressure than 9/40 Same? case as 40? Is the web of 357 sig brass that much stronger?? Never heard of a 357 sig going kaboom, not that they have not happened, I just have not seen it. As for patents,suits, I could care less, I can take my SigmaF40 and put 2-16 rds on target faster more accurately than I can with g1,g2,g3- 22's since I hit 6" higher with the glock 22"s than the Sigma ( head vs center mass/ X) I use the sigma. Some parts are compatible, with a touch here and there, but "I do not recall which ones", it was a long time ago. If you know of a source that tested 40/357 sig brass, I would love to read it. I was told that there was some 40 SW brass "cleaned" incorrectly and over time resulted in head separation. The first rd ejected, as a piece of the frame hit my finger, the second rd finished the kaboom. Ironically the same ammo was being used in a M&P, and 4006. It blew the mag out of M&P, case was stuck in chamber, and did nothing to the 4006, except case was also stuck in chamber. The ammo had been used ( 1000 rd box) and this last group got separated and was shot ~ 5yrs later when the above occurred. I can NOT verify the "cleaning", but I pulled some bullets, weighed powder, brass and bullets, all were in spec and had I not just seen what happened I would have loaded and shot them, no way to tell by gross examination. So I would love to read any good studies in regards to the brass. I will continue to enjoy my other Sigmas. Be Safe,