View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

The Marine Magnum has only one flaw as far as the clay sports are concerned; fixed Cylinder choke. Change the barrel to a 28" with a rib and removable chokes (about a $200 part) and there should be no issues. The Cylinder choke is a serious detriment on those longer shots.

Of course the next question is, how much are you willing to spend? I understand that the goal is to spend as little as possible while still getting the best quality gun you can. Even so, there are a number of options out there.

My first choice for a new gun that fits the broad spectrum you want is the Caesar Guerinin Summit Impact. It fits your criteria perfectly and you'll be able to hand it down to your great grand kids. The problem is usually the $5,600 price tag.

The next choice would be the Beretta SV10 Perennia or Prevail. Either can be had for around $3K new.

Then I would consider the Browning 725 Skeet. This one can be had for around $2,700. The Cynergy Sporting (which I feel is a better design) can be had for around $2,300 new.

I'm still not a fan of the Red Label, but I do know a few people who are very satisfied with theirs.

Of course the used market is flush with shotguns. If you look hard enough, there are some great deals out there. I've seen older Citoris go for less than $1K, but you'll have to look to find them.

Ivan,
Just a note about the GTI. It was one model of the Citori that was issued, discontinued, reissued and discontinued again. It could be had new as recently as three years ago, but is not being sold new, now. Great model of Citori.