View Single Post

Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 PM

Liked 301 Times in 210 Posts

Well, one more question. I can accept the fact that the click you hear and feel when the trigger reset happens is caused by the sear riding up (down with respect to the earth) and over the ramp on the striker lug, makes sense.

Now my question. In looking at the parts with the slide off, there is a considerable distance between the resting position of the sear and the striker ramp.

So, once the gun is cocked and ready for a trigger reset, what holds the striker (and it's lug) in a position where the sear can ride over and sit down in front of it for final cocking?

I do see a linear cam on the inside of the slide and it might be involved in all this but I really don't know what it does.

[It's sort of like my engineering days. I had some antenna guys in my group and although I could communicate with them and do simple antenna things myself, when it came to more exotic things I always told them they were dealing with "black magic".]

I hope I haven't ran you guys to the point of exasperation. I have seen the Glock animation, which is neat, but some of the finer details of striker loading aren't clear, even there. Help-

Last edited by ou1954; 01-29-2015 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Expand a bit