View Single Post

Old 01-31-2015, 06:15 AM

Liked 138 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
I NEVER SAW MORE GORGEOUS GUNS ISSUED TO A POLICE DEPARTMENT. THE NICKEL SNUBBIES ARE FANTASTIC. I WOULD ASSUME THAT THE MOTIVE TO ORDER NICKEL WOULD BE THE EXPECTATION THAT IT WOULD BE MORE RESISTANT TO THE ELEMENTS AND TO HOLSTER WEAR. (HAVING NEVER OWNED A NICKEL GUN, I HAVE NO CLUE IF THIS IS TRUE) I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT THEY WOULD PURCHASE THEM FOR MERELY COSMETIC PURPOSES. IN ANY EVENT, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE SNUBBY S&Ws………...
That was some of the reason for the nickel guns the other is Prestige at one time Detroit Police Department was one of the Premier Police Departments in America. They were the first with Harley Davidson motorcycles, first with in car radios there arme many other first's. They also made a lot of scientific first's. It was just a tradition they held on to for over 100years until the change to Glocks.

A friend (retired DPD officer) is in the process of starting the Detroit Police Historical Foundation. It has been slowed down because of the government sequestration but is back on track now and being helped by the new chief of police in Detroit. He hopes to have an announcement in a few months of a Detroit Police museum. I am hoping I can convince him we need a limited edition Detroit Police Historical foundation S&W M&P40 with a nickel plated slide. That and 2015 is 150th anniversary of the Detroit Police Department.

Last edited by Aerojoe; 01-31-2015 at 06:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: