View Single Post

Old 02-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Liked 1,192 Times in 377 Posts

You are going to get lots of opinions on this. I have an old pacific single stage that I have done thousands of rounds on. I debated for a long time about going progressive. A friend has an old dillon square D and a new 650 which I have not used. I read and read and went with the LNL. I love it. My friend took some time to get his 650 set up and working right and it is the same with the LNL. I still do lots of loading on my single for rounds I dont shoot as much of - 45, 223, 30-06. Just my opinon but I could be happy with my single stage. It takes more time but there is a trade off. I feel I can control things one single step at a time. I still have literally thousands of 38, 40, and 9mm in coffee cans all sized, primed by hand and most belled ready to load. I did these in batches and you will be surprised at how many you can crank out. I am very busy and when I get time I do several thousand at a time on the progressive. I dont load any more total rounds but instead of lots of small amounts of time I usually sit down for a couple hours of production. I am close to retirement and will have more time. Likely wont have any prob using my single to better monitor and spend more time at the bench because I can. JMHO but there is a certain amount of macho with having a progressive. Each to their own. I can be happy either way. You will too. Best of luck.

Last edited by Huskerguy; 02-01-2015 at 04:34 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: