View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 02:39 AM

Liked 736 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
The reason the LNL appears so much cheaper is it comes with zero case feeder parts. The 650 is designed to be used with a case feeder & comes with all the parts but the bowl. Why I said equipped the same, the 650 is only about $75 more. I prefer the LNL if no case feeder is desired, it seems more user friendly. The 650 would have to be modified to work w/o the feeder parts or you would feed cases into the case feeder tube. Having done this when I first got mine, not worth the effort & not any faster than my manual indexing 550B. I am also not a fan of the current fad of lock bushings. Just something to come loose IME. The removable tool head of the Dillon is easier & more reliable for caliber changes. I don't own a LNL, but have loaded quite a bit on my buddy's. Both good machines, but the priming system on the 650 is a bit better, more positive.
I agree with nearly all you said in previous posts, and some of the quoted post. But . . .

While the Dillon and Hornady are closer in price when the case feeder is considered, it's also fair to point out that the more calibers you reload the more expensive the Dillon becomes vs the Hornady.

The bushing system eliminates any slop (upward tilt/shift on ram-up) in the tool head on the Hornady. While they are an added cost they contribute to keeping the cost of changeover parts lower than on the 650.

And I've never had any "come loose". OTOH all parts inserted and removed eventually do wear something or other out.

Both are good presses, have their quirks, priming is ALWAYS the weakest spot, and their customer service and warranties are comparable.