View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 AM

Liked 1,375 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlood View Post
I have purchased 5 64-5 S&W revolvers, happy with all of them. I bought these online, seller had pictures posted, but one has minor throat erosion and one cylinder sticks slightly. Other 3 are fine. All shoot very well. If you can examine the gun, I would not hesitate because it was a cop gun. ( Idid polish them a little, after almost 20 years on the force, I thought they would enjoy a little TLC). Another thought, because you are looking at a magnun, i would examine closely for the extent of the flame cut in the top strap and the forcing cone for damage. S&W did create the L frame for a reason. Find the Revolver Checkout, by jim March, very good info for evaluating a used gun.
Yea right I can see you polished them a LITTLE. Those are beautiful but how do they function on a intensely sunny day? If you wouldn't mind sharing I am interested in how you attained the level of gloss on a SS. I just purchased a police trade in, although it has no stamp but I can live without that. Anyway it is a nice 66 no dash that I was going to work on and bring back to life and am always interested in other folks refurbishing methods. I would especially interested in your initial steps for eliminating any scratches and dings. I have looked at many options but yours really are quite impressive. Thanks