View Single Post

Old 02-25-2015, 01:52 PM

Liked 5,238 Times in 1,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
I've seen this as well. The funny thing is that there are 3914's and 3953's for sub $400 while the 3913's in general are fetching over $550. I prefer the standard frame to the ls frame.
That's what makes the world go around. I prefer the slanted frame look. I actually looked for one of the NL versions for a couple of years. Not bidding on GB during that time, but looking for one I could handle and examine up close and personal prior to purchasing. When I did finally find one, I probably paid more than the average going rate because I knew how difficult they were to find (in the local environment).

I'm one of those guys that paid 6 bills for one, like NIB, because it's what I wanted. I passed on a 3914 LadySmith right next to it for $350. Now I wish I had bought it too. Prices are going up, they don't make 'em no more you see.

Also paid top dollar for a 404PD I found, because I knew they were scarce too. So it is a supply and demand thing, and a matter of what folks want. Some guys love blued guns more than silver, some are revolver guys. I like all of them. I wish I'd bought more of them back when they were cheaper though, but I didn't, so I'm doing it now. I can't see them ever going down from here on.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: