View Single Post

Old 02-27-2015, 10:25 AM

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

I try and never hate on on someone's thoughts/opinions; everyone has what works for them.

For me, I know I needed different (wider) grips if I'm going to do extended shooting sessions to figure this thing out. Until I get other grips (the walnut magnas were out of stock and will take a couple weeks to show up), I'll be using the stag magnas. I may even get crazy and get a good set of gloves. Honestly, I'm not about suffering recoil from a long-term shooting session just because I MUST have wood grips. I'm even considering a Tyler grip.

I can always go back and forth between grips, including some Pachmayr, and see how it affects the shooting. It's a puzzle, but I'm cool with this kind of puzzle.

I've not been in too big a hurry to shoot because the recent ammo supply/cost situation has me timid to go through what I have on hand. Granted, ammo has become a very volatile market anymore, but 45 ACP is becoming a bit more stable. I do have a several different makes and at least two different grains of ammo in my house. I'll just start there and see what happens.

I thank you all for your continued input.

Last edited by F_H; 02-27-2015 at 06:19 PM.