View Single Post

Old 02-28-2015, 09:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just purchased my Bodyguard 38 in Jan. 2015. While getting familiar with the trigger pull, I notice a serious problem with the cylinder not lining up properly. This happened several times. I could pull the trigger and the cylinder would not be lined up with the firing pin. It only would happen with the first round. After that, the star ratchet would properly line everything up with the second pull of the trigger. I shipped it to S&W for repairs right away. I got it back yesterday (2/27). A service rep stated they replaced the cylinder. Of course I had to check it out as soon as I got it out of the box. It was better but I still have to jiggle the cylinder when I first close it, to make sure the star ratchet FULLY engages (making the cylinder release slide back to the fully locked position) the cylinder before firing that all important first shot. I have yet to fire a single round through it. I have always been a big fan of S&W products. I'm very disappointed with this purchase and will probable trade it in for a more reliable, tried and true, snubby!