View Single Post

Old 03-15-2015, 10:35 PM

Liked 82 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr22 View Post
Gary, congrats on that 52. I thought that was a good deal. Some of those looked like good deals to me. Especially some of the 4" 44s that went for $10k. Also his 333 I thought would bring a lot more because I remember him talking about that gun the most in the writings I read. I need to find some 22 Magnum ammo now.

I read on another forum that Ted Keith didn't want to sell the guns but felt like he had no choice. Apparently Cabellas didn't promote the collection much, and I even saw in one of the auction descriptions that one box was damaged while displayed at Cabellas. Now Keith died in 1984 at the age of 84 or 85. Ted must be in his eighties now, and he's got this million dollar gun collection and probably can't afford to take care of it. So he felt like he had to sell it.
Thanks BCR,
Congrats to you too .It must have been a thrill to see and handle these parts of gun history we read about.

You didn't happen to see the 52 in the flesh did you?I can't wait to see it.I'd like a report on the way it looked the barrel is really big.This was at Poulin across the road from Julia.

Boy I wish I had deeper pockets .You did really good as I saw the lot you bought and said that was a deal.

I think Ted was pressured by family but he sold at the right time prices are crazy right now for some guns.

Best and thanks for the report your post is the only one on the web.

Gary