View Single Post

Old 03-19-2015, 03:00 PM

Liked 9,566 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
Zucchini is good raw or cooked. I prefer it to be a little crunchy rather than stewed up. Makes an excellent addition to spaghetti sauce. Slice and chop, add to the sauce and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so.

My personal favorite for zucchini is to cut into 3-4" spears, place on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle or brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Wrap up the foil packages tightly, then put them on the top rack of the grill while the meat is cooking (same thing could be done in the oven, about 20 minutes at 350F). Unwrap and serve.

I also like to fry potatoes with onions and garlic, then add sliced zucchini after the potatoes have crisped up, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, then serve. For a little change you can add a sprinkling of oregano.

My wife shreds zucchinis for use in bread, very similar to banana bread. Makes a nice breakfast. The shredded squash can be kept in a freezer bag for months, used whenever you feel the urge. A google search should turn up 100 recipes in a couple of minutes.

Shred a couple of handfuls and throw them into a boxed chocolate cake mix. You won't taste or see them, but everyone will want to know how you got the cake so moist and fresh.
The Following User Likes This Post: