View Single Post

Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Could Be A Big Mistake

[QUOTE=BigBill;138446626]I'm a very, very light sleeper.

The best in-house weapon is a Mickey Mantle home run slugger loaded with a piece of steel inside the big ended. A loaded bat even in a short snappy swing in the forehead will sit anyone down. QUOTE]

IMHO, a mistake just waiting to give you a long jail term. Here's why. A bat/club is 'enough' defense weapon by itself as far as an ambitious district attorney goes. If you deliberately make it even more lethal/damaging, that is premeditation in their thinking. And if you are not currently 'using' said bat its presence alone could also be premeditation. So, here is what us old duffers who want to depend on a bat as our first choice in home defense (I don't) could do. Have a grandchild? Get a T-Ball bat, a suitable glove, a T-Ball stand and a ball. Now, everything is in place for the grand-kid to come over and play T-Ball with you. But, a home invasion or burglar comes by and the first thing you 'happen' to pickup to defend your home/family is the T-Ball bat. I know from experience and experimentation that I can hit the practice dummy as hard or harder with the T-Ball bat as with my PR-24 or my ASP. AND, there is no basis for premeditation.

I lived in Atlanta, GA and bought a Harley in New Jersey. I flew up without a handgun because I wasn't a LEO at the time. I bought a T-Ball Bat, Glove and gift card at the first Walmart I came across for one of my stepsons. I laughed all the way home. I didn't feel as secure as I would have if I had my CCW handgun, but better than with nothing. ........

Last edited by Big Cholla; 03-21-2015 at 01:54 PM.