View Single Post

Old 03-21-2015, 01:04 PM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts
Default Rastoff's Challenge, three different guns

Beretta 92F Compact cropped.jpgS&W M&P357Sig cropped.jpgS&W PC1911RB cropped.jpg

Welll, I actually did not do as well as I was ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CERTAIN I could easily do. It was a good exercise and learning experience.

I used:
1. a Beretta 92F Compact with Winchester LE +P+ ammo.
2. S&W M&P357 Sig with Speer Lawman Ammo.
and
4. S&W PC1911RB with Winchester 230-grain standard pressure ammo.

I decided to do it two-hand, then strong-hand only, followed by weak-hand only. The attached targets are marked.

Interesting, to me, the flyers, that is the ones furthest out or from the group, were fired from either the five or seven yard line. I tightened right up at the 10-yard line. Perhaps that's because I do most of my fixed target work at 10 meters and muscle memory helped. Some happened with each of the holds.

It was a 40-degree day with no sunshine and a modest breeze from behind. By the time I got to the PC1911RB my hands were quite cold, making me feel better about those groups.

I followed this with the CHL test, using only the Beretta and Winchester LE ammo. All went into a ragged 3/4" hole. I just forgot to take a picture . . .. Trust me.
NOOO! I actually strung out to the left for a total group size of about six inches. And I really did forget to take a picture. It was KOLD! I'm stickin' with that excuse.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: