View Single Post

Old 03-23-2015, 10:42 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot45 View Post
I recently purchase a M&P 9mm Pro. One of the reasons I purchased it was that I was looking for a better trigger than on the stock M&P 9mm and didn't mind paying extra for it. However, after going through about 1,000 rounds I thought that it felt heavy and had a gunsmith measure the trigger pull and it is almost 7 pounds. I'm considering purchasing an Apex trigger kit and having it installed but before I do I was wondering how most of you like the factory trigger. I called S&W customer service and they indicated that the Pro should have a 4 1/2 trigger pull which I'm fine with. I know that there will still be some play in the trigger which would go away with the Apex trigger but depending on your response, that might be ok. What bothers me is that I've already paid more to get a better trigger with the Pro and don't really feel like spending an extra $190 (trigger plus install) to get this weapon where it should be so I'm considering sending it back to S&W. What would you do? Let me know if a Pro factory trigger that is properly set works for you. Thanks, Jim
I just picked up the M&P 40 Performance Center Model. The trigger pull is way too heavy and has a lot of play in it. I also have accuracy issues... Can't get a group of any kind at 25yds off a bench rest. Called S&W today and they also told me it should be set at 4.5 lbs and I should have no problem shooting 4" groups at 70'. I also checked out the same model before I bought it... Including trigger pull, and everything felt good. I do a lot of shooting and own over a dozen handguns half of which are autos and never had problems like these. S&W emailed me a prepaid Fedex label and it goes back tomorrow.