View Single Post

Old 03-24-2015, 03:19 AM

Liked 32 Times in 20 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Weather was good today so I had two HSc's out, with serial numbers from both ends of the spectrum. First was a 700,000 series, an early one with high gloss finish, matting in the sighting groove and a lanyard hole in the butt. Next was a 900,000 SN, assembled from parts during the French occupation of Oberndorf following WW II. It had a lanyard ring attached to the butt and was used by the French police. Had period magazines for both. Amazing how much the internal machining had been modified and simplified in the later pistol. I was shooting some light cast bullet handloads, and both pistols performed flawlessly. Shot several magazines full out of the three magazines I had with me. At 25 yards, both pistols had all their shots in the chest area. My groups wee actually smaller than those of two other gusy out there, both with 'tactical' 45s, shooting two handed. I'm happy.
I am happy to hear that yours works so flawlessly. I have mine for 20+ years already and it's not exactly a prime example of reliability. even though I tried several different period original magazines, replaced all springs, had a gunsmith disassemble, check and clean all internal parts, it still doesn't operate without feeding failures of at least one per box of ammo.....