View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 01:29 AM

Liked 29,254 Times in 13,833 Posts
Default Don't you even know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schgsd View Post
I wish they had! And since you bring that wretched beast up, what is the point of the thing having an English accent? This is America not the UK. For that one reason alone I won't switch.
On television, having someone speak in an English accent automatically makes them know a lot more than you do. I remember thinking this even back in the 60's when those 'London Air' stocking commercials were on TV where the stockings were so 'Absolyutely Syuper' you'd have to be an idiot not to buy them. That was about 50 years ago and they are still at it. Except now they have to throw a few people speaking Aussie into the mix.

PS: How about Flo? She's cute and she speaks American.

PPS: I saw one of those things the other day that says you should boycott some company because they are gun hating commies (which is fine with me) but they were trying to make out Stephanie Courtney, who plays 'Flo', to be a bad person because she advertised for them.??? (not fine with me) However, I've been advised to stay far away from their stinking insurance regardless of their stance on firearms possession.

Last edited by rwsmith; 03-30-2015 at 01:40 AM.