View Single Post

Old 04-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Liked 22,794 Times in 5,886 Posts

NEVER TRY THIS AT HOME

My training inventory has 3 FS 357SIG M&Ps in it right now

Got the one in the middle in 2008, the other two were manufactured 4 years later. When these first came out, four of us went to the range with them. One of my associates came over to me and told me his had suddenly started to shoot about 6" low.

Stupidly, I went over, picked up the firearm and pulled the trigger As soon as it fired I knew he had a projectile stuck in the bore. Yes I do know better than to just fire a pistol with an issue, I just had too much faith in my friend.

One of his rounds was a squib, he had ejected the empty case and kept firing. Each subsequent shot would hit the stuck projectile and push it out of the barrel fast enough to get on paper leaving another projectile lodged in the bore.

I pulled the firearm from service and we took it back to my office. The barrel had no tactically detected bulge in outer surface. I grabbed a borescope (after removing the projectile) and there was no ring in this barrel.

7 rounds had been fired with a bore obstruction and there was no barrel damage. Each projectile had gone on to hit it's target (though a bit low).

These are strong pistols.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: