View Single Post

Old 04-07-2015, 12:38 PM

Liked 28,135 Times in 8,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD0527 View Post
I just think that its stupid...that I am legally allowed to purchase firearms, however I am not allowed to conceal carry. It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes I broke a law and I m not denying that but they should look more closely at my record and see that I have never attempted to hurt anyone or rob any businesses. Honestly I would prefer to conceal carry, unfortunately legally I can't. I m am aware of the laws concerning open carry (I' have read them many times)....I m still a little confused, however about transporting the firearm in my vehicle. I m pretty sure I can transport it as long as it is unloaded and in the trunk which is ironic because if I driving down the highway and some crazy person decides to pick me out and randomly shoot at me and my family, I have no defense except police and who knows how long it will take them to show up. Does anyone know the laws for transporting a handgun for sure?
This may seem to be a little bit of thread drift, but if you're still smoking weed, you're not legally able to possess a firearm.