View Single Post

Old 04-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Banned

Liked 3,574 Times in 1,163 Posts

Wellll, I shot competitively for many years and still shoot every day. I fought the Glock platform for years. Derned thing pointed the front sight HIGH when pushed on the clock. Too many rounds fired with 1911 with flat mainspring housings and crisp triggers. Then I was given an article written by Chuck Taylor. He hated the Glock and set about proving what a contraption it was. He purchased one off the shelf and started shooting it. At round count 300,000 he had had 0 malfunctions and had replaced the front sight several times from wearing it off smooth from drawing it. So, I decided to try one. I bought a G17. Trigger was awful, spongy, squishy, went spoing, front sight pointing into the sky. I gave up! Many years went by, Taylor's round count kept getting higher, I tried again. This time with an Advantage Arms 22 conversion. 5,000+ rounds later I had her whipped. Then I started whitteling on it. Cut enough off the backstrap to bring that front sight down. As Doc Holliday said...Looks Like We Win....Put up all steel, ivory and stag gripped GOOD guns and replaced them with 8 Glocks. All have been "mortified" to fit my 1911 hand. When I heard that Gunsite Staff had been to S&W to confer on their new plastic gun my attention was at condition Orange. I got hold of the first M&P in this part of the world and BEHOLD....it fit!! It felt perfect, right circumference, right angle, just RIGHT. I got one. It ran great, shot where it looked and felt good. Later got the first Shield available here....see above. Anyway, they are both gone now. Not because they didn't do just fine but I was to invested in the Glock platform. We shoot everyday here, weather permitting and while my round count is not CLOSE to Chuck's, we have had no firearms related issues , none. My only negative remark about M&P is , they are terribly busy inside that lower. If you skeeered, say you skeeeered. I'm skeeered .