View Single Post

Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac!Gettothechoppa'! View Post
What are the best calibers to stop some guy built like Arnold was at his prime or a fat assailant with a 50-to-54 inch plus waistline? If penetration counts would 45 Colt or 454 Casull out of my Ruger Alaskan 2.5-inch barrel or my S&W 460 (8'3/8) be considered overkill or self defense? I've seen fat guys shot with 9mm that never penetrated beyond the layers of fat to reach any muscle or vital organs. My LE friends say "family comes first, jury selection comes second"...bigger is better unless you live in an apartment building, etc.
That statement about the 9 is so broad. Where did they get shot? What manufacturer did the ammo come from? Did anything else play a part? Why does waistline matter? Everything vital is above that. I know of one guy who got shot in the back with 3 rounds of 5.56 and lived. It was Wolf fmj. There are plenty of stories of people surviving 45, 357, 308, 12 G and even one guy who survived TWO nuclear bombs!

What if you shoot that 454, miss and by the time you get back on target from that recoil Arnold is already pounding your face in? Bigger is better unless you live in an apparent. ..OR ....houses built close together

shot placement is what counts.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: