View Single Post

Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 AM

Liked 26,243 Times in 8,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
At the West Springfield gun show today, nothing really peaked my interest. The only thing that I was looking at was a third type model 60 LNIB that was overpriced. The show, for me was a bust. That all changed late in the afternoon. A man came to our tables and from his coat, he pulled out a picture frame. In the frame was the Monson Massachusetts Police Departments original of Daniel B. Wesson's License to Carry Firearms. He said he really didn't want to sell it and after a long conversation he left. Shortly before closing time he returned. Negotiations turned hot and heavy, dollar amounts were thrown around like manhole covers. He told us how he was offered a Dan Wesson Pistol Pac for it in trade. After the smoke cleared, he walked away with some green and I got another one of a kind piece of Wesson family history for my collection. I want to thank my good friend Ernie Rice for his help in convincing the previous owner to sell it to me.
JUST A NOTE:

If you really care for this and want to preserve it, frame it properly! It must be framed with acid-free materials and have either a Rag Mat or spacer to get the glass off the actual document. Cotton Rag should be the ONLY THING touching the document both front and back. Conservation glass must be used to cut UV light from fading the document. If the DW License is left as is, degradation is unavoidable. I would suggest a visit to a local Professional Picture Framer - NOT one of the Chain Stores that does framing as they are famous for ruining documents!

Do NOT hang it in any direct sunlight or with any light hitting it directly. I am a collector and do know about these things from experience.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: