View Single Post

Old 04-18-2015, 09:19 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
... and off to SGAMMO I go...

Something calld a "Draco" right? I'm not much into rifle caliber "pistols".

Yup. There is usually a slight delay before a run on ammo v.s. run on firearms, ammo going first. I figured what the heck. Might as well have some handy.

Oh great! I'd been thinking of a semi-auto .308. I have to put one one the radar for 2016. After the AK, I'll have to save up for that.
Draco is just one. It's the Romanian AK. There are also Yugo and Bulgarian. Both come in 556 and 7.62. The newer Yugo 556 have an AR mag well and take AR mags in the same manner as an AR. Bulgarian use standard AK style mags for 556.

The AK 308 (Saiga, Vepr. Also come in 7.62x54) are single stack 5 & 10 round. In my pictures of all the AKs lined up on the table and floor you will see a 7.62x54 Vepr, 3rd on the left on the floor with a 24 in barrel.

Out of the two the Vepr is "better". Molot, the company that makes Vepr, build military RPKs and their Vepr civilian rifles are based off of that. Thicker receivers, thicker barrels and all receivers have a bulge towards the front, underneath the ejection port. This gives added strength and rigidity to the receiver.

Last edited by Arik; 04-18-2015 at 09:26 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: