View Single Post

Old 04-19-2015, 05:02 PM

Liked 1,487 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerpat View Post
I don't understand people who spend $400 on a handgun and then carry it in a $30 nylon holster with a $15 belt from Walmart.

When my son received his CC license I bought him a IWB holster made by Bell Charter Oaks (forum member) and a Wilderness Tactical belt.
A lot of people who take a CCW class are not "gun nuts". they are not as knowledgeable as you are. They have to be taught these things. I've been through many holsters and several belts. If the ccw instructor doesn't help who will?

Having work in an LGS I found that you have a tendency to assume everyone who comes in looking for a self defense gun knows what they need and has or will get the proper accessories. You have too many regulars who do. That is mostly not the case and you miss a chance to help in that regard. I know I've been guilty of that offense and for that I apologize.

Also most people are very reluctant to spend something over $100 to carry a gun they're only going to carry occasionally. Again they have to be taught. I've sold several holster by simply showing the customer what I was carrying.

This can all be summed up by saying that the average ccw student needs to be taught and that teaching starts with the instructor and/or his assistant. I've been through two ccw classes. The first instructor mentioned nothing about holster or belts. The second did.

Rant over.