View Single Post

Old 04-22-2015, 04:00 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 20,601 Times in 8,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. R. WEEMS View Post
Funny thing, I at one time had them on a 4"MDL 57 for display-- on the 1917, the screw was a bit short. Got a screw made this afternoon and all is well now -- Not sure it would matter, but wonder if I should post the Ser# on the stocks in case someone here has that gun???
Yes, I would post it. Not often, but in this forum, on occasion, stocks have been reunited with the correct gun.

My dad always loved the Colt 45 ACP 1911 and 1926 model auto loaders, and 1917 Smith revolvers ever since he served in WW II. He found a pre model 22 with Smith Micro click adjustable sights installed. I found a 1917 gov't model with 5" barrel and pre war Smith adj sights installed. 5 years ago my son bought him a completely stock 1937 Brazilian shooter for $350 w/o grips, and cut the barrel to 4" with original front blade sight soldered back on, at my dad's request. I bought him a pre model 26 4" soon after.

One day not too long ago before he passed away, we took all four revolvers to the range with his favorite reload. we shot them all. I shot a cylinder full from each one for accuracy. They were all excellent but do you know which edged the others out for accuracy and best group, at least on that day, with those reloads, and in my hands?

Yep the old beat up, cut off, fixed sighted 1937 Brazilian! He just LOL that it beat the three target sighted guns, all bigger investments than the Brazilian.
S&WCA #819
The Following 2 Users Like Post: