View Single Post

Old 04-23-2015, 12:54 PM

Liked 118 Times in 42 Posts

So first, Sgammo is awesome. I've ordered from them several times (it's where I get my gold dot ammo) and they are always on top of it. Buying to shipment time is sometimes a little slow, but they keep their prices low by having a small operation.

Second, 135 grain GD is the same round as the short barrel 135 grain, just a different package. It is the same stuff issued to several agencies for their weapons or backups.

Third, I use the 125 grain because the testing I have seen, and the informal I have done, are darn near identical between the two loads, and the 125 grain is much easier to get. Plus, all of my 38 specials love the round and shoot it well.

Fourth, badge130 is right on the money. The 125 grain Golden saber is highly underrated. My own informal unscientific tests are good, this guy is a little more scientific https://youtu.be/nRe6BzIqu6U

The FBI tests are great, but they are not the end all. As far as I know there is NO 38 special load that passes the test. I keep a 38 special at my bedside most nights, and have seen what the round will do to flesh. It's not infallible by any means, but no round is, and it's far easier to shoot than a serbu shorty with slugs.

Just my $0.02
The Following 3 Users Like Post: