View Single Post

Old 04-24-2015, 12:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
I finally got around to acquiring a Chicago Electric Ultrasonic Cleaner. I purchased it at Harbor Freight Tools. It was on sale, and I stacked a 20% off coupon.

I didn't do any shooting today, so I didn't use it to clean any firearms parts. I did experiment with once fired brass. The brass definitely comes out better than it went in. The brass comes out clean, but not 100% shiny & polished.

At this point, I think it might be good to start to reload but I'm not 100% certain. I'm not a reloader. To get it nice and polished, I'd need to acquire a media tumbler.

I think the ultrasonic cleaner will make quick work of cleaning & degreasing any metal part I put in there. Until I ascertain the differences in cleaning solutions, no aluminum parts go in the cleaner.
I just use strait vinegar non diluted in my Ultra Sonic cleaner that I get at Walmart they have a cleaning vinegar thats 6% instead of 5% little stronger same price white or apple same never mind cleans the same, let it run for about 45 minutes and the brass comes out looking like new but you'll need a tumbler too get it nice and shinny.

Paul
PS thanks for all the good advice