View Single Post

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I had a nightmare experience with my Sigma years ago that left me cursing S&W up until just a few months ago. I swore up and down I would never purchase another S&W firearm. I purchased a .40 Sigma in the late 90's and it jammed on literally every kind of ammo I put through it. I sent it in to S&W to get checked out and they said they tested it and everything was fine. I brought it home after it came back to the dealer, took it out and same thing again. Back it went to S&W. This time they said they had polished the feed ramp. Well, when it came back, you could tell they never touched it. My dealer agreed. That pistol was immediately sold at a loss to me. I understand that every manufacturer makes a lemon now and then, but the service I received cemented my decision, until I broke down and bought a new Model 66 .357 earlier this year which I am selling, because I now look at it and go, "Why the hell did I buy that." even though it is a gorgeous revolver. That was just my experience with S&W and the Sigma. I have owned 5 different Glocks and have never had a single issue, not even a jam. My EDC is a Glock 21 in .45acp. Nowadays, it simply comes down to personal preference as all the major manufacturers are making quality pieces.