View Single Post

Old 05-07-2015, 09:42 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,653 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foytfoyt View Post
In an emergency, it is advantage for a revolver to function when a moon clip has failed and is not usable.

Also, some makes and models of double action revolvers DO ignite rimless calibers reliably without moon clips, in spite of the variables you correctly list.
I bought my first Model 25-2 in July of 1977. I now have seven revolvers that require moon clips and have shot, literally, thousands of moon-clipped rounds. I have never had a moon clip fail. It's a flat piece of metal, what is there to fail, unless it's bent, and the only way that happens is if they are stepped on or otherwise abused. That's hardly a failure of the moon clip.

I don't disrespect those people that don't like moon clips, I just think that it's disingenuous of people to buy a revolver that requires moon clips to function 100% all of the time and then chastise S&W when it doesn't work without them.

I listed the variables in my previous post that could account for why some guns or selective chambers may function without the clips, but I'd never stake my life on that being the case.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Last edited by Pizza Bob; 05-07-2015 at 09:43 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: