View Single Post

Old 05-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Liked 106 Times in 49 Posts
Default 4013 /10MM Conversion -Oh no not another one!

Hello All, not trying to re-hash old threads but I've got questions on my conversion. I hate to bother BM1 so I'm throwing it out to those that have already done this. The conversion is fine and shoots fine but the shells are landing 10 to 12 feet to my right. I have a dual spring guide rod with the factory inner spring from the .40 S&W and I installed a 23lb. Wolff outer spring over the inner. I'm also seeing very slight firing pin drag on the primer. I did install a buffer but had to cut it down to about half thickness. The question is: is the distance that the shells are landing excessive and should I be looking to a stronger spring, say 24# or 25#?

I also have a CS40 that I would like to convert but SMOKEMUP only used a 22# spring on his conversion so I'm in a quandary about my 4013 with a 24# spring. I know BM1 did the CS40/10MM conversion on several units but he never said what weight spring he used.

Any help with any of this (obsession?) would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I have run across a bunch of Ed Brown Smith and Wesson decockers and extended slide releases, plus a few large dia. steel guide rods. The Ed Brown parts aren't as nice as the original Smith stuff but they could be modified and if you need one to make your pistol work it would be nice to have. e-mail me if interested. [email protected] Sorry I've yet to tackle pictures!
Thanks All
T & B
The Following User Likes This Post: